Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Blame The Sunshine

This is the sort of afternoon where I wish I could just lay around, listening to the Raveonettes, and do nothing in particular. I think its the combination of the sun streaming in the window, the quietness of the room, and the sounds of children playing at the prep school next door. It really feels like the ideal time to contribute nothing, and simply lay around and be happy to be alive. Instead I spent the afternoon in the office, filing papers and mailing letters.

I should become a Bohemian.

Can you even be a true Bohemian in a city like this? I don't think I'd be able to anyways. Alas, I'm generally too fond of material possessions and shopping. Not to mention the fact that I can barely muster the energy to walk to the post, let alone fight to change an entire society's views towards social structure and materialism.

I'm why capitalism works.

No comments: